Sunday 12 January 2014

Wandering down Memory Lane again....

On the first of January, this 'daily' blog passed into it's fourth year of activity. I thought it might be of interest to look back at some of the earliest cartoons which in 2011 were 'pocket' sized due to an 80 x 80 mm limitation to each graphic accompanying script items. Initially, I tried hand-writing the captions as I had done for years on print cartoons. However, a number of readers soon let me know the web reduction was rendering the captions difficult to read for a generally elderly audience... so I was obliged to typeset text fairly early in the piece. That generally remains the norm today even though I connived to get the 'toon space up to double the original size before that site closed down late last year.

Day one and two of the odyssey co-incided with enormously destructive flooding which afflicted much of Queensland... the other 'toons were dated Jan 7 and 8.

In another coincidence we succeeded in losing the Ashes during that week!




No comments:

Post a Comment