Friday 3 January 2014

Monster observation wheels.

One of these apparently 'must have' wheels opened in Melbourne's swish docklands area back in 2008. However, it only operated for 40 days before closing again because of structural defects. lt opened once more just before xmas 2013 and, is still going as I write this,,, despite a number of publicised minor glitches usually characterised as 'teething problems'.

I wish the enterprise well, though I'm not planning to hop-on for a ride any time soon. Old age is my particular excuse, but I understand some of the choice landmark views which were high-lights of the wheel's initial operation, are now sadly obscured by the rapid high-rise developments put in place since 2008!

In some of life's circumstances, you just can't take a trick!


No comments:

Post a Comment