Thursday 26 December 2013

The Boxing Day Test?

Yesterday, we spent a very pleasant lunch and afternoon with relatives on the other side of greater Melbourne. The journey usually consumes plus or minus 90 mins in moderate traffic each way, but we tried a different route yesterday and made each leg in around an hour. We used my car so son and grand-daughters could all fit in the one vehicle.

Despite a 'normal' attitude to alcohol in my earlier days ... I never drink whilst being responsible for driving anywhere at anytime nowadays. Soo, my son drove us to Murrumbeena and, I did the return trip, so he could split a coupla 'coldies' with cousins. In the event, he didn't imbibe any alcohol either, but we stuck to the original plan.

I only mention the above alcohol reference, because the party yesterday was mostly al-fresco with a really hot sun over-head and the food part of the equation extremely delicious and plentiful. Naturally, I spent too much time ignoring the direct sun when I could've taken advantage of seating under cover... over-ate (as you do at these affairs)... and, those elements plus the long drive home combined to wake me early this morning feeling quite dizzy and unwell. Though it reminded me of past hangover experiences ... it was definitely NOT a case which would normally be described as 'tired and emotional'!

Today's cartoon, whilst triggered by this morning's brief malady, depicts a 'run of the mill' result of OZ seasonal revelling ... not mine in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment