Saturday 21 December 2013

Down memory lane ...

As I've mentioned here before, during the mid-1980's the editor of a weekly computer trade newspaper asked me if I would be interested in doing an IT oriented comic strip to (hopefully) lighten up the generally heavy emphasis on tech. matters in the publication's text coverage. Despite a fairly full work slate at the time (I still had a 'real' salaried job in the airline industry... plus a healthy amount of ostensibly 'leisure' time taken up with various regular cartooning work)... I plunged into research of computer history, soon lighting on a statement that the first computing 'device' in the world may have been Stone Henge! That set the scene for Rare-bits, an epic piece of nonsense which survived for about 10 years, finally going down with the entire mast-head c1995.

Though basically a piece dealing with 'grown-up' opinions, around 1994 I dreamed-up a source of relief by wandering into the world of children at 'Henge primary'... not realizing then, how kids would develop into  the 'cradle to grave' computer wizards they have become in the new millennium!

Today's selection is from that year.


 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It sure is one and the same OME. I don't get many comments on this site, so my apologies for the tardy response. It's good to hear from old acquaintances though. How are you battling in the GOTless world mate?

      Cheers ...rim.

      Delete