Sunday 1 December 2013

Cartoonists' B-B-Q

After an unusual spring season featuring mostly bleak, cold weather punctuated with only a few typical warmish days in isolation, happily the first official day of summer was warm and perfect for out-door activity. Which was appropriate for local Cartoonists, since today had been selected as the wind-up B-B-Q to mark end of social activities arranged by the local chapter of the ACA for 2013.

I especially enjoyed it, because I've been unable to attend regular night meetings of the association due to a combination of the exceedingly long peak-hour cross-city drive and the need to provide almost constant care and support to my good lady wife. Today, I met a fellow 'toonist I've not seen face to face for over 20 years and others I'd not been able to see or talk to since the same event last year. A beaut break from the usual hum-drum.

Because the food and talk consumed all afternoon, I've roped in a 'filler' cartoon prepared back in late 2011, but (as far as I can recall) never actually published.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment