Saturday 21 September 2013

Scratches on the pavement of history?

Towards the end of this morning's constitutional walk, I changed to the sunny side of the road for the last half 'klick'. Passing over someone's driveway, I caught sight of a series of small circles scratched into the 40plus year-old concrete cross-over. I know the concreting was done at roughly the same time as ours... but, had never seen the circles before. Perhaps it was just a fluke angle of the early morning sun?

Obviously scribed by a youngish hand whilst the cement was wet, I was struck by the naively humorous drawings and, the accompanying tag-line which reminded me of the series of 'my family' stickers which you see on the back window of many, many private motor vehicles these days (an idea which, I believe, netted a fortune for a clever female graphic designer/mum living  somewhere in country Victoria(?) when it hit a chord on the internet).

Further idle reflection created today's cartoon. (Curses!) If only I'd noticed the 'circles' a few years ago myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment