Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blow hards?

Yesterday I saw something entirely new ... to me anyway. Half the road surrounding our local park was occupied by an enormous truck blowing new wood-chip mulch into the children's play-ground area. I've never seen this method of distribution in action before. Always thought the spreading of that kind of landscaping material was a boring 'man with shovel and barrow' exercise. No. The internet tells me there are quite a number of companies providing this type of service in the greater Melbourne area alone.

With an obvious emphasis on the BLOW feature of the operation, I reckon you'd have to be a bit introspective about how you advertised your service. Although, times are a-changing.  A few years ago, I saw a well-known fertilizer distribution company's truck emblazoned with the slogan ... "Kerfoops fertiliser - Really serious shit!"

BTW ... some of the blower trucks illustrated on the web are even bigger than the fictitious one I have depicted in today's cartoon. And, if you ever see one in the distance, make sure you have ear-plugs or muffs handy. They are verrry noisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment