Sunday 31 March 2013

Shapes

Today's cartoon, supported by the remarks which follow, was originally authored on February 13. this year. Due to the blog-site imbroglio which was then in train ... neither were published at the  appropriate time. Since currency is a vital ingredient in public comment, I thought the time and effort had been wasted.

However, the bellicose North Koren regime have once again galloped into the spotlight with out-landish threats to 'nuke' United States' targets on the Korean peninsula and/or the US mainland! Unless these clowns are in the grip of an insane death-wish ... I think the latter blather can be discounted as hollow communist rhetoric designed to mar Easter celebrations in both South Korea and the US.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what would happen to NK. should they make good their threats.

So, what was old is young again!

Maybe it's inherent, perhaps I acquired it in the process of learning to draw ... or, more likely, it's simply dumb luck. Whatever, I regularly see shapes within objects which actually bear no relationship whatsoever to the incidentally observed manifestation(s). Often, others cannot detect the visions my mind has conjured, or patronizingly agree they can, just to shut me up(?)
This morning, the news was head-lined by the latest antics of those naughty North Koreans. When a map of the Korean peninsula flashed across the TV screen behind a report on the suspected nuclear test site, I suddenly thought - that looks like an oft-used graphic of a howling wolf silhouetted against the moon. On later consulting an atlas, the North Korean map outline emerged more like a crouching dragon. Wow! thought I, that's sort of appropriate.
Result. Today's cartoon. I normally pride myself in distilling images to the point where tags/labels/ explanations are redundant. However, this depiction is a tad more esoteric than most ... hence the above ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment