Saturday 16 March 2013

Ram it!

I usually look at SKY TV news every morning to get a packaged idea of what's been going on while we here in Oz are slumbering. In particular, the 'Local' news spread is great for finding out what is happening in Queensland where many of my readers are resident. Sadly,Quick news isn't all you get.

IMO one of the most annoyingly stupid ads on TV recently has been the RAMS clip where the company mascot is in a room exhorting two young people to get a loan to facilitate leaving the family nest. It seems it was almost the only ad running on SKY at the time ... and, was used to punctuate every brief grouping of news items on every one of the channels displayed on their 'local' page, When browsing the 'local' page, you could have the damned thing thrust into your face 5 times in 5 minutes!

It has certainly 'reached' me, as they say. I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than seek a loan from RAMS! after suffering the ad ... err ad nauseam. I realize the fault may lie with Sky ad scheduling rather than the advertiser. Whatever, I fail to see how figuratively suffocating viewers can do anything but turn people off a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment