Friday 29 March 2013

Bush (fly) week

I spent a good part of today under the house putting our central heating unit back on-line after a long hot summer shut-down. Having shed the dust and cob-webs, I didn't feel in the mood for spending the remaining hours of daylight glaring at a computer screen ... so, why not run another of the pieces not published due to the blog venue interregnum earlier this year?

The following was put together on Feb, 22. To make sense of the cartoon, you may need to know that I had a suspected cancer removed from my left ear in a day-surgery procedure on Jan, 21. I was still in the recovery stage when the great fly attack took place.

"After an almost unbroken stretch of hot days in this clime, last night blessed us with some passing storm cells which dumped just enough of the wet stuff to cool the atmosphere and dampen the ground, Down-side was to awaken this morning to a proper humidity steam bath.

Which was pretty good for early morning walking ... except for the clouds of bush flies which have apparently materialized from nowhere! Had to grab a 'switch' from a passing gum-tree to keep the little blighters from driving me crazy.

Strange. Must say I haven't seen any kind of fly (house, blow or bush) around our place for many years. But, seems they were around alright, just awaiting the right moment  to pounce!"

No comments:

Post a Comment