Wednesday 15 May 2013

The big chill ...

I haven't heard much radio or read any of the daily papers today. Had a medical appointment this morning and, by the time I got home this arvo was too tired to even switch on the TV. The fatigue stems from the infernal waiting around pending a call to enter the physician's den ... rather than the effort of getting there and back.

As a consequence of the news inaccessibility, I'm presuming the federal budget was the usual combination of vaudeville and legerdemain, followed by the quasi-learned analysis ad-infinitum. At the same time, I bet the leader writers and cartoonists have wallowed in the trite 'swan-song' tag-line?

As for myself, faced with a real icy blast when setting out for my routine early morning walk, I momentarily wondered if the weather always turns wintery as a result of the budget ... or, do the framers of the document deliberately table it at this time of the year to use the imminent on-set of winter as background atmospherics?

No comments:

Post a Comment