Sunday 1 February 2015

Sunday sentimentality #1



In Australian political history, yesterday's Queensland election result trends must represent the greatest comeback since Lazarus... even if the ALP falls short of a majority in the House. Instead of feeding off the carcase of downed 'Lil Duce' (Campbell Newman, who featured in Friday's blog-'toon)  I thought it might be interesting for the reader to remember how I treated his predecessor  (Anna Bligh) who found herself in somewhat the same spot on March 24, 2012. The then accompanying text is also displayed below:


By rim on 24 March 2012 - 11:53pm

Poor Anna. I suppose the blame game will start once the flood has subsided. This was not just the political 'cycle' ... more like a political cyclone followed by a tsunami!
I notice Brisbane cartoonist Sean Leahy has been hammering the 'Capt. Bligh' connection ... and, I must admit the historical parallel is almost impossible to ignore.
So ... I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment