Wednesday 11 February 2015

Bloody technology!



The yellow 'toner' light on my laser printer has been directing suggestive winks at me for months. As it happens I hardly use it anymore ,,, so having read the 'How To' manual once and being put off by very confusing instructions and accompanying postage stamp sized illustrations... I just winked back in casual disdain. I had purchased a replacement cartridge in mid 2014 (which cost considerably more than the entire machine did a few years ago!) but was never moved to engage in the swap until this morning when at system switch-on, the yellow eye was glaring at me non-stop in a menacing fashion.

Sooo... I bit the bullet and expended most of the morning achieving the desired cartridge exchange, It was hot in the study, it was practically all 'suck-it-and-see' tentative manipulation in the face of dire warnings about toner staining and warranty voiding in the event of error... replete with frustration and suppressed cursing to ice the cake. Remarkably, it all ended with the printer working as it did when new, and me wearing only a smudge or two of errant toner.

I also got a bonus in spawning the idea for today's blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment