Thursday 26 February 2015

First 'toon published in TravelWeek.



On this day 36 years ago, my cartoons first appeared in the travel industry newspaper TravelWeek ... beginning an association which continued in one form or another with the same publishing company (or its successors) until 2005. The cartoonist (now deceased) mentioned in the accompanying 'welcome' piece was unknown to me at the time,  but I got to know him really well later in the '80's after I joined ABWAC (aka ACA). It was Bruce Cavalier 'Cav', a bonzer little bloke with a great sense of humour and a dab hand at whipping up quick gag 'toons.

Apologies for the quality of the scans incorporated in this commemorative piece. The original artwork was not returned to me in those days... and the quality of the actual newsprint source after all this time is not good. I actually cringe a bit when I see this stuff. Obviously, I was in the midst of my 'big foot' cartooning era at the time...  

No comments:

Post a Comment