Sunday 1 February 2015

Sunday sentimentality #2



Whilst researching the aftermath of  Newman's 2012 triumph... I came across a reference to another Right-wing warrior ascendant at the same time as the 'Lil Duce'. Here's my blog for May27, 2012 and a pic of the subject person.


In NO!-man's land.
By rim on 27 May 2012 - 9:23pm

During the past week on a TV news program I fleetingly noticed a federal opposition worthy taking a commentator to task for questioning Tony Abbott's wisdom and/or motive in pursuing matters seemingly incidental to the purpose for which parliament is assembled. The agitated interviewee spluttered "For goodness sake ... Tony's no fool. He IS a Rhodes scholar after all!"
Well ... hallelujah! What did he master in ... over-use of the word NO!? Or, did he sleep through the course?
I detest the power-lust of most present day politicians, whose only visible qualifications for high office seem to be gross narcissism coupled with general administrative ineptitude. Sadly (as the leading contender for Prime Mimister), Tony Abbott seems to me to be current top of the class when idiocy is the subject of scrutiny.


Am I prescient or what?

BTW... both the circa 2012 illos posted today were originally drawn in Freehand to fit a 12 x 12cm space allocated for   pics on the Brisbane-based site which then hosted my blog. Through the 'magic' of vector I could blow them up to 20 x 20cms without a skerrick of lost sharpness to appear in the ample space of my own blog site.

No comments:

Post a Comment