Tuesday 30 July 2013

Housing styles in Keilor (cont'd)

It's quite a while since I posted a local house caricature ... mainly because this one has been languishing in the sketch stage waiting for me to get round to finishing it.

Mock-Tudor style is fairly well represented around here, as I suppose it is in many Australian communities. However, there is one which I particularly like because whoever built it has gone the extra yards to include some 'Tudor' features which are not generally seen on the 'mock' version. Not only are there casement windows, but two differing varieties can readily be seen on the face of the building. Also, many windows have latticed glass panes adding to the 'authentic' look.

I have no idea who dwells in this house, but it is perhaps big enough to accommodate a modern relative of King Hal., if not his entourage (?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment