Tuesday 2 July 2013

Dinkum aussie? My oath!

Before the 'swearing in' of Kevin Rudd's new ministry, I must admit I'd never heard of Labor MP Ed. Husic, the honourable member for Chifley. That's why I had to 'double-take' this morning after hearing of the swarm of UFI* invective filling social media (notably Facebook) and talk-back radio air-waves about a Moslem taking the oath on the Koran. Apparently, the under-lying racist bleat was centred on 'this is the thin edge of the wedge' fallacious argument about an Australia in imminent danger of being engulfed by islamic hordes ... or, swearing on the koran is 'not the Australian way' and is 'unconstitutional'. I'd be surprised if any of these flea-brained nincompoops has ever read even one paragraph of the Australian constitution!

* Unidentified 'F'-wit Insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment