Tuesday 4 August 2015

Yobbo (rough)



This morning I was about to bin a first rough I had scribbled for an 'anti-booing' 'toon I did last Saturday. It was a markers on scrap-paper piece that pleased me as a first draft but was set aside because, just before scanning, I noticed I had depicted the rowdy with a beverage can in his hand.
'On the fly' I recalled that taking packaged grog into AFL venues had been banned quite a few years ago. Sooo, that early in the process, I decided to redraw the character instead of cutting and pasting a new hand holding a glass or plastic cup of booze.

Now, I wish I HAD corrected the original sketch. As often happens in retrospect, the intuitive first realization of a thought appears to be better than any over-worked substitute.

Ho-Hum...    

No comments:

Post a Comment