Sunday 2 August 2015

Sunday Strips



As promised, the spotlight returns to the 'grown-up' version of Rarebits in 1995... which proved to be its last year of publication because, the newspaper itself was either terminated or sold to to a different publisher (can't remember which).

Whatever, the strip had run for a decade after being commissioned by the editor of Pacific Computer Weekly (one of the many mastheads in the stable of Isaacson Publishing for whom I was already cartooning) with only a week or so of advanced notice, Initially, I simply did random strips about (then) modern computing with no standard characters or story line. However 'swotting up' on I.T. history I stumbled over the proposition that Stonehenge could've been the first ever example of a man-made computing device so I took that on board and it just grew into a reasonably self-sustaining story. By the time PCW folded I had 'milked' just about as much as I could from the concept of ancient times in modern idiom, so wasn't too upset when the strip came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment