Friday 10 April 2015

Quite interesting?



One of my main roles with the magazine TravelWeek was to illustrate the 'Cover story' of each issue with either a humorous portrait or caricature of the notable personage in focus. One of the industry leaders I 'did' on multiple occasions over the last 12 years of my work with the publisher was Graham Turner who remains Managing Director of the Flight Centre organization in 2015. One of my earliest colour renditions of this gentleman appeared in the April 27th.1994 issue of the magazine and, a detail of the 220 x 280 mm original is displayed above.

The magazine is still published monthly in print form under the masthead Travel Weekly. Though I no longer have any working relationship with the publishers... I still receive copies of the magazine as a 'contributor'. In a recent issue, Graham Turner was part of a feature in which industry leaders looked at business prospects for 2015 and beyond. Each contribution was accompanied by a presumably fairly current photograph of the participant.

The point of this piece is that I'm amazed GT appears to have hardly changed over the past 21years...  as the small head-shot insert attests.

No comments:

Post a Comment