Thursday 2 April 2015

Ideas going nowhere.



Comic strips have always been my first choice for working as a cartoonist. During the 1980s whilst primarily 'tooning on various magazines in the Isaacson publishing stable, I had one strip Rare-bits running in Pacific Computer Weekly and several other short-run titles appearing in other special 'mini-mag.' issues...all in differing styles of presentation. Today's nostalgia piece is one of those ideas which never quite made it onto a printed page... because almost on the cusp of publication, I learned that the title Nut shells was already in use somewhere else in 'Comicsdom'. In the event I substituted something else I had in reserve to avoid any chance of a writ.

I'm pretty sure the gags were used in other strips of mine... but 'Nutshells' was never used commercially as a strip title by me after that. However, at some time during the 1990s, I've hand-coloured the 2 strips with ink -- perhaps in the form of practice, as the opportunity to use colour in much of my magazine work had materialized during 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment