Thursday 11 April 2013

Vale Maggie T

This is the 'toon I had in mind for yesterday, but couldn't get it done because of other events and obligations.

I can't say that I was a fan of Mrs.Thatcher when she was alive ... and, that opinion was kinda  confirmed when I visited Newcastle upon Tyne during 1996 to see first hand the depressing fruits of her labours. I was also surprised by the un-sought invective directed towards her by almost everyone I met and spoke to in the north and midlands of England during a month-long journey through the country.

This is a cartoon comment on her perceived legacy ... not a reflection on her character.


2 comments:

  1. Hello there Rim, nice to be able to keep up with your daily cartoons again. I'll put your blog page on my favourites. Hope you and the better half are both well and had a good summer.
    Cheers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear from you Linda. The only private e-mail addr.I had for GOT members was Sue ... so had no way of contacting others. We're good ... and, hope you and yours are too.

      Delete