Sunday 21 April 2013

Birds of a Feather ... the strip

As I've mentioned before, authoring comic strips used to be my favourite element of cartooning. Over many years I've come up with a lot of ideas for strips, but only one could be termed successful. It was a weekly feature titled Rarebits carried by an I.T. oriented magazine for over 10 years bridging the mid 1980s/90s. I retain many of the original strips (all hand-drawn and lettered in B & W), but haven't gotten around to digitizing any of them for archiving or electronic publication purposes.

One of my most recent strip efforts was devised and published during 2011 in a Melbourne based international  E-zine titled Bonzer! Below is the character outline which comprised part of the original scenario. Sadly, only a handful of single story strips and one complete multi-episode story-line were published before the 'zine was closed down earlier this year after being published monthly since 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment