Tuesday 30 December 2014

As 2014 sinks below the horizon...



... this will be the last 'daily' topical cartoon I will be posting for the foreseeable future. I am lifting the self-imposed imperative of 'a cartoon a day keeps the doctor away' which I imposed from 01/02/2011... in the first place as simply a response to a challenge to see how long I could sustain a daily submission of a new cartoon to amuse a large group of over-50s on-line readers. I warmed to the idea mainly because it represented a discipline which might help me emerge from a period of depression which had settled on me after suffering a debilitating illness during  2010. Both premises combined to satisfy the needs of viewers and me.

Tomorrow will mark the completion of 4 years of uninterrupted posting of at least one 'toon a day of a topical nature... despite minor in-dispositions, computer and/or power failures, at least two hospitalizations for removal of skin cancers and the closure of the original host site during 2013 which necessitated me starting my own blog-site in order to continue the 'streak'. I'm chuffed to know that I was able to maintain the output for so long... not the expected result 4 years ago!

The reason I'm abandoning the 'challenge' is to permit me time to attend to other 'life matters' which have often been ignored temporarily in my manic desire to avoid breaking the cartoon continuity. It doesn't mean I'm abandoning cartooning altogether. That would be stupidly non-productive. All I'm removing is the 'imperative' to perform. I shall continue to operate the blog-site with regular... but hopefully more varied and interesting cartoon material.  

No comments:

Post a Comment