Monday 30 November 2015

An oldie, but a goodie!



With neither inspiration nor inclination to draw an original cartoon today, I've fallen back on the bludger's routine invocation of 'this day in .... '(fill-in whatever year is appropriate to your post).

In this case it will be 2011 when I was doing postage stamp-sized illos to support a daily blog. I even have the blog entry which explains the cartoon background.


Tributes.
By rim on 30 November 2011 - 5:54am

Last night I was browsing through the monthly magazine published by the Apple Users Society Of Mellbourne (AUSOM, a pretty clever anagram if nothing else) ... and, came across a letter to the editor on the subject of Steve Jobs recent passing.

Apparently, the member had been in South Africa on business when Steve died. He was intrigued by a large number of tributes in the form of 'sticky notes' which he noticed adorning the front window of an Apple Centre close to his hotel. He reproduced a number of them as attachments to his letter. The one which amused me the most forms the meat of today's cartoon.

I hadn't seen it before. Hope you haven't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment