Sunday 21 December 2014

Great day...



... because of the lift I got from attending the annual ACA 'wind-up BBQ , once again at Jim Bridges' hacienda (also home of the OZ cartoon museum). Beautiful day for burning steak etc, and consuming the great heaps of beaut biteables on the smorgasbord. Ample beverages also on hand. My highlights were meeting 'old hands' like George Haddon, Peter Foster, Al Rose, John Spooner, Rolf Heimann, Paul Harvey, Ian McCall et. alia (not the least of which was JB himself) who I've greatly missed since being unable to make it to regular bi-monthly meetings. All in great shape, I'm very happy to report.

Lots of pic taking sessions so, something should turn-up on the ACA and/ or social media sites plus Inkspot in due course.

And, the down-side...? Got home after the long drive (I was family designated driver for the return trip) at +/- 5pm feeling extremely tired. Meant to post a caricature of Jim Bridges (probably circa 2002/3? My signature is the only clue.). I have no idea what brought about the quick B&W sketch way back then... but, again happy to report THE CARTOON MAN hasn't changed in visage or his passion for cartoons/cartooning during the interim. In any event. I spent the evening dozing... and it was too late to post a re-digitized version by the time I remembered the  omission.

So. here it is a day late as first cab off the ramp this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment