Wednesday 31 December 2014

'Bye to daily topical 'toons



Today's cartoon (apologies for the parody of Warner Bros. famous 'farewell' scene) marks the end of a 4 year odyssey which began as a combined blog-illo challenge and health crutch and morphed into an almost all-consuming enjoyment.

Having proved all the early misgivings incorrect... I now have to declare 'mission complete' and resume something like a normal aged existence. Removing the self-imposed imperative of daily performance will enable me to catch-up on many of the other mundane 'life' tasks which have somewhat languished since 01/01/2011.

Cartooning will remain my first choice leisure activity and this blog will still be as entertaining as I can manage. I hope I can feed it with more diverse cartoon-related original work and info (including topical stuff) as often as I can muster the effort... Just not every day just for the sake of continuity.

BTW, I haven't tried to count the number of cartoons produced during the 4 years. Let's just settle on a figure substantially more than 1500 and wallow briefly in the unexpected glow of dis-belief that I started it in the first place.

!! YAWN!!

PS... Happy New-Year to all who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment