Wednesday 5 June 2013

Hand-drawn piece.

As promised yesterday, here is the traditional 'pen 'n' ink on board' version of the first digitized cartoon I produced in 1997. As explained, it wasn't required and, in consequence this is the first time it has ever been published.

I have mourned the demise of hand-drawn cartoons ever since. Though remarkable results can be managed drawing direct to computer devices these days ... I have never been satisfied that the wonderful little nuances that could be achieved in manual drawing/painting can ever be totally replicated digitally ... by me anyway. For that reason, I often nostalgically browse thru' the cartoon 'originals' I was able to retain post-publication (prior to the IT revolution), to marvel at details I thought were mundane ... when the era of classic pen/brush on paper was a different kind of IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment