Wednesday 2 October 2013

Not Abe's cuppa, I bet!

Upon hearing that political shenanigans in the US congress had succeeded in shutting down many federally financed operations due to an equivalent of our parliament failing to pass 'supply' ... I wondered what Abraham Lincoln would think of the situation were he still with us. I figured to express my comic view of his supposed reaction by depicting his voice emanating from a representation of his memorial building in Washington DC. Just google 'Lincoln Memorial' and a squillion views of the structure should materialize immediately ... I thought.

In fact ... initially nothing except a disclaimer across the screen ... "The U.S. National Park Service regrets many of its services (including this web-site) are unavailable due to a government shut-down ...". Well, if ever confirmation of a news report was needed, that had to be it!

However ... undaunted, I soon found a reference pic or two, courtesy of Wikki.
I reckon old Abe would be extra annoyed to find the problem has been invoked thru' the super-egos of a 'wanker' element in what was once his own party?!

No comments:

Post a Comment