Thursday 10 December 2015

Aborted take-off



This cartoon remained un-finished yesterday because I was all but laid low by a monster bout of Hay-fever like symptoms,,, runny nose, sore throat and head-ache through-out most of the day.. Likely the revenge of the tree I severely trimmed and later spent a fair amount of time chopping up for compost earlier in the week (?)

I had intended to finish it today.  However, upon  opening the Age as a mid-morning coffee excuse, I noticed that Ron Tandberg's page 8 take on Bishop the elder's decision to remain in parliament because of the threat of terrorism was almost identical to mine. Onya Ron!

Recently, there was a discussion among up and coming cartoonists about the fear of being dubbed a plagiarist if an innocently published 'toon closely resembled the idea of a fellow artist. Well... not necessarily. I'm only putting this on my blog to demonstrate to the younger fraternity that similarly oriented minds DO (in isolation) sometimes think very much alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment