Tuesday 6 January 2015

Blog-Strip test.



During the early1980s (long before the internet and it's personal communications revolution evolved), I used to amuse myself and colleagues by appending a daily humorous comment on items recorded in an airline operations shift log. It used a strip format and usually appeared in the blank portion at the head of each page.

It helped me to hone brevity of text, timing and gag construction later put to good use in a commercial comic strip which ran for 10 years in a computer interest magazine. After terminating my 4 year non-stop daily current affairs cartoons on new-year's eve... I've been mulling over a possible return to comic strips, my all-time cartooning favourite format, perhaps based on current events and their affect on a neighborhood of OZ characters. Today's offering is a tentative step in that direction... though the 'right' characters are still forming in my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment